Center Stage!



Maureen Kelly founded tarte™ cosmetics out of her one-bedroom apartment in New York City back in 1999. She was earning her masters degree in psychology from Columbia University when she became frustrated by the lack of healthy cosmetic product. A beauty junkie at heart, she had a hard time finding products that “worked” and lived up to their claims.

She also recognized a deficiency in consumer-and green-friendly products so she began to research what it would take to manufacture a cosmetic line. Kelly admits, “I am not a makeup artist,” but she has built tarte into one of the most influential cosmetic lines available to consumers and professionals.

I fell in love with tarte years ago when I happened to wander into Sephora and my eye caught sight of the now iconic tarte Cheek Stain. I couldn’t help myself! I had to have it! It made me feel happy just holding it in my hand and when I tested the color; I knew this was something I must have for both my professional kit and my personal makeup bag!

What also impressed me about Maureen and the tarte cosmetic line is that their products are an all-natural blend of vitamins, minerals and natural fruit and plant extracts. This line is 100% free of parabens, sulfates and synthetic fragrances. tarte cosmetics come in cases and compacts that aren’t just pretty on the outside; they help reduce green house emissions! Really! tarte’s components are made of recyclable material and can be re-used or re-purposed. Now that is genius!

Here is a list of some of my all-time favorites from tarte:

Emphaseyes High Definition Eye Pencil – a very slim pencil perfect for lining your upper lash line and on the inner rim. Creamy, longwearing and doesn’t irritate sensitive eyes. This product is available in Black, Chocolate, Green and Plum. If you ask me – one in every color is a necessity!



Cheek Stain – this product is my first tarte love – long-lasting, buildable color that won’t streak. I apply with my fingertips or sponge right to the apples! It gives your skin a very natural glow – like your grandma just pinched your cheeks! This product comes in a variety of colors, but here is what I carry in my kit: Flush (sheer berry red) Tickled (sheer peach/red – this also looks great on the lips) Blissful (warm peach/pink) Bronze Goddess (sheer bronze with shimmer – I have used this on several photo shoots as highlight on cheeks and eyes).



Celebutante Moisturizing Dry Oil Spray – now this product was recently stolen from me by one of my actresses!!! It is a great dry oil shimmer that you can spray on your arms, legs or chest area and it gives your skin an amazing glow – plus it is naturally scented with coconut oil! If you want a pick-me-up this winter or if your skin feels dull and dry, this is one product you will want to order by the gallon!



Emphaseyes for Brows – now hang on ladies because this product is gonna knock you off your stilettos! It is a super-slim, waterproof (yes! I said waterproof) brow pencil that lasts all day! The tip is four times narrower than traditional brow pencils, which will give you the impression of fine brow hair. I can’t live without this product and it is only sold exclusively at QVC!



Are you getting married soon? Need a great idea for a gift for the bride, bridal party or guests? Well your search is over because the geniuses at tarte came up with an incredible idea - Custom Lip Glosses! Log on to tarte’s website and press the custom glosses button at the top of the page and read their offer. You can personalize these glosses with the bride and groom's name! So awesome for engagement parties, bridal showers or wedding favors!

If you haven’t tried tarte cosmetics, you should do yourself a favor and rush down to your local Sephora, order from QVC or from tarte’s website immediately! Your skin and the environment will thank you for it!

Trix of the Trade:
tarte’s Emphaseyes will help you achieve a finished smoky eye! Prior to applying eye shadow, smudge Emphaseyes along your lash line and along the outer and inner rim of the lower lash line. Apply shadow, blend and viola! You are smokin! Don’t forget that these tarte pencils come in a variety of colors so you can play with a smoky eye look using shadow colors other than your traditional black and grey. Try purples, greens and browns for a very sexy, modern, right off the runway effect!

2 comments:

  1. Emphaseyes (for brows and eyes) is now on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey In The Makeup!
    You can't go wrong with Emphaseyes - those liners, like Tina Turner, are "Simply the Best!"

    ReplyDelete